20 Tweetable C.S. Lewis Quotes
- I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
- God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
- If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
- The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation.
- To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.
- The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.
- We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.
- To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.
- God can't give us peace and happiness apart from Himself because there is no such thing.
- Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and bad when it turns from Him.
- True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.
- Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither.
- Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until he has something to forgive.
- Any amount of theology can now be smuggled into people's minds under the cover of fiction without their knowing it.
- He who has God and everything else has no more than he who has God only.
- The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not.
- In God there is no hunger that needs to be filled, only plenteousness that desires to give.
- God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.
- We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us.
20 Tweetable John Piper Quotes
20 Tweetable Tim Keller Quotes