2011 was an exciting year for Christians In Context including a new look and the biggest giveaway we've ever hosted to cap it all off. However, we have no plans to just coast in 2012, which means work. So we're looking for a couple independent Christian bloggers interested in partnering with us in the coming year. (If this isn't you, feel free to pass it along to your friends.) As a matter of fact, Timothy Bertolet was our one addition from the first call, so you can ask him if it works.
The best applicant submission for us to consider would be in the form of a blog address. This not only gives us a good example of your work and style of writing, but it also demonstrates (hopefully) a track record of being able to blog on a regular basis. Ideally, this would mean little or no additional work on your part other than posting your work on a second blog. We're primarily looking for original content that is largely accessible to the layman (if you're too academic, we'll probably pass even if it's solid stuff), although we'd happily take book reviews and links posts as well.
What this means:
- We're offering a sort of guest-post opportunity with the possibility of becoming a regular contributor.
- We're looking for an original post about once a week. Of course we're flexible with vacations and such.
- Hopefully you'll get a larger (or at least different) audience for your content.
- You may have the option of free books for review on the blog.
What this doesn't mean:
- That you have to drop your current blog. You are welcome to cross-post any content written for CIC on your personal blog as I have continued to do ever since I joined.
- That a guest-posting opportunity automatically leads to becoming a regular contributor on the blog.